Thursday, November 8, 2007

My Grandma B died last night. I'm feeling kind of far from my family, but Adolfo has been a great help. When I called home tonight, they said they were eating Chinese take-out food, and I was feeling rather nostalgic and homesick and just plain sad.

So, after talking to the family and talking to Adolfo for a little bit, we decided to go try the Chinese restaurant down the road. Grandma B liked Chinese food and I thought a little won ton soup would make me feel better.

And, surprisingly,it did. Grandma must have been smiling down on us, because, although we were prepared to be disappointed, the food was really good. And, I'm feeling much better and less homesick.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Sorry to hear that...thinking of you guys

Emilie said...

Dear all of you, Della, Amanda, BJ, Nancy, Bart and Barbara, I am so sad to read this... I think to all of you, and remember how my christmas at Grandma B was wonderful we were eating some "crevettes" (sorry I can not remember how to write this word in english). I am pretty sure, they all smile - those person we loved and who are not here -, when they see us do silly things. For Grandpa, we always eat "mousse de chocolat" thinking of him, and know how much he will jealous ;-)

deeb said...

Thanks guys

Weezo said...

Aww...Della! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. =(
I am, however, comforted by the fact that Chinese food played a part in making you feel slightly better.