Thursday, September 6, 2007

The War on Trees

Now appears to be the season in Guadalajara to hack all the trees to bits.

I'm not sure why, and I'll try to get some pictures, but apparently if you have a few extra pesos to spend, you hire some guys to come over with a big truck and chainsaws and they will cut all the major limbs off all your trees for you.

I'm perplexed. Adolfo says he never noticed this before.

I thought maybe it had something to do with power lines. But, I don't think you need to strip the entire tree of its branches if you have power lines overhead. Also, some trees are nowhere near power lines.

Maybe the tapatios don't like shade.

4 comments:

Karen said...

there's a woman in one of my ESOL classes from Guadalajara. our conversation went like this:
me: eres de Guadalajara? mi prima...ummm....just moved a Guadalajara.
her: really? your cousin? porque?
me: si, ummm su novio? es de Guadalajara? ella...um...moved there con el.
her: are they..um...casado...
me: nope
her: where in guadalajara?
me: no se.
her: well you tell her that in your class of english there is a woman from Guadalajara, ok?

you can see my spanish conversational skills are superior.

deeb said...

see, everyone is interested in us getting hitched...

Cali said...

Why, why, why do people cut down healthy trees?! Out here in Olathe there are no trees! They should be grateful for their trees!

aj burke said...

Max, you should impress her by calling her a tapatia now!